It is fun to learn how other moms think. I saw a brain dump on a blog called Lil Light O’ Mine. It looked fun. Here are the top ten things on my brain today.
1. My girls get home from camp in a little more than an hour. Other than one letter, I haven’t heard from them in a week. Excited doesn’t adequately describe my emotions.
2. Hospitality is a welcoming spirit not a perfectly neat home. I am pounding this into my brain because it is true. Unexpected company is coming on Thursday to stay the night. We are in the middle of a room rearrange where the girls’ are moving downstairs, the guest room upstairs, and the TV room into the old guest room. The house will not be tidy because there is painting to do in between each room move.
3. I love my parrot, Buster, but wish he would stop stealing my Cheerios and then dropping half eaten wet ones on my lap. He is so cute he says, “Come here, baby.”
4. A week at home, without kids, is more refreshing than a vacation. My marriage is stronger. Several long standing to-do list items were crossed off. My patience meter is recharged. Tests to this statement will happen soon.
5. It is so easy to have chickens in my back yard. They are funny birds. Fresh eggs will be awesome.
6. The good thing about diabetes is it forces me to eat every meal and to limit sugar intake. If I didn’t have it, I would get busy and skip meals and snack on junk instead. Or I would eat five cookies a time. Blessings in disguise.
7. I love yoga. It makes my muscles feel strong and takes away my aches and pains.
8. I can’t wait to hear all the stories the girls will have about camp. Today will not be a day of doing, it will be a day of hugging and listening. Did I mention they will be home soon?
9. I love the sun. I love how warm it is on skin though I don’t tan. And every time I see the colors of the sunrise or sunset (which isn’t often given the limiting view of this densely packed, 70+ year-old city neighborhood) I remember our creator.