Here are the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Add the award to your blog. (still trying the find the HTML to do this)
2. Thank the person who presented it to you. 3. List seven random facts about yourself. 4. List the rules. 5. Pass the award onto seven other bloggers. 6. Inform each blogger they have won by posting a comment on their blog.
Seven random facts about me.
1. I love tea and am a snob about it. I don’t like plain old tea. I like Jasmine Green Tea, but not all brands. Too often, I give impromptu lessons on how to make green tea properly–never pour boiling water over green tea bags and don’t seep for more than 2 minutes for starters. If you think green tea is bitter, you are probably making it wrong.
2. I admire beautifully decorated homes but decorating my own is overwhelming. I prefer to call my friend who likes colors and telling asking her to pick the paint color.
3. I am a tomato snob too (I swear I am friendly about most things!). I dislike Early Girl and Better Boy and perfer the taste of Heirlooms, better yet, a delicious orange cherry tomato called Sun Sugar. Sun Sugars are one of my favorite things about summer.
4. I am an only child. Learning how to handle sibling issues between my two princesses has been challenging.
5. I love to grow herbs: lavendar, basil, rosemary, thyme. But I am lazy with them. I don’t dry them or freeze them. I like to sit in my garden, prune them and then smell my hands. This time of year I keep a bouquet of basil on my kitchen window sill, not to cook with, but to smell it.
6. I dislike cooking. I would rather clean the house or do laundry than cook. I love to vacuum (I never let my children vacuum, it is too much fun). If families regularly lived to together, I would be a great partner in housekeeping to one of you bloggers who loves to cook.
7. I love parrots. Real, live pet parrots. As a tween, I used to read BirdTalk magazine from cover to cover every month. For the first time in almost 8 years, I have a pet parrot again! His name is Buster.
Here are some blogs I am passing this award to:
1) The Coffee Shop, a blog about coffee and all things yummy. Paloma finds, creates and shares the best recipes. I don’t like cooking but she does inspire me.
2) Bell Jar Vintage is a beautiful blog by a dear friend from high school. Reading her blog helps me remember her creative style. Her pictures might make you anxious to visit her home and you’ll love the sweet projects she creates to make her home peaceful and inspiring.
3) Pontifications of a Twin Mom. Julia hosts a fun link up on Saturdays called Mama Loves, where other mom bloggers share things they love. It is a great place to find inspiration for creative organizing, activities to do and books to read.
4) Mothering from Scratch. Weekly, Kathy and Melinda and their guest momtors, write encouraging words to moms to let us know we are not alone and to help us remember where to get our strength for the days.
5) 5 Things…Raising Girls in Today’s World. Holly is the mom I wish lived next door. Her blog is much like mine in purpose, only her girls are teenagers and the issues are tougher. She reminds me to stay in the game. To pay attention and to keep praying.